Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dancing in the Rain

"It's not how you weather the storm, it's how you have fun dancing in the rain"....I'm not sure where this quote originated, but it took me aback and made me think of my own situation. It reminded me that, as I'm struggling on a daily basis to keep my own boat afloat I'm also letting valuable bits of time slip away in the process. The problem with a pity party is that you're the only one that shows up. Heaven knows, your friends love you, but enough is enough already with the moaning and complaining.

Though they are very real, my problems are not unique or unusual. I'm just another knucklehead who zigged when she should've zagged. Nothing special there. But I do recognize my mistakes, and that's a start. I don't know if I'm quite ready to dance in the rain, but it's a much better plan than laying down in it and drowning. That doesn't sound very upbeat, I know, but trust me it is miles away from where I was a few months ago.

Albert Einstein said, "Nothing happens until something moves". Yesterday I bought new sneakers. Waterproof, just in case...

2 comments:

  1. You know your friends by the ones who DO show up at the pity party. Which usually morphs right away into a "We've got your back" party. So much more fun!

    ReplyDelete