Sunday, October 24, 2010

Finally, A Lazy Sunday...


After weeks and weeks of being on an endless treadmill of "work, work, work", I finally, FINALLY indulged myself in an extremely slothful day. It's been me and the dogs alone, all day. Me, on the sofa reading. Chloe tucked in next to me or,alternately, begging for a piece of cracker; Teeka sitting passively by my side..

My friend, Kim Rowley*, mentioned that she'd just finished reading the late Stieg Larsson's 'The Girl Who Played With Fire'. I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I've had his books (Girl With A Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest) pass through my inventory at least a dozen times. As luck would have it, I'd just picked up a slightly battered copy of "The Girl Who Played With Fire".

I've been reading "Fire" since Saturday at about 4 PM. I'm now more than halfway through the book (about 450 pages), and I am totally engrossed. As I'm reading, I'm also doing some research into the life of Stieg Larsson, which is a drama unto itself. Without a doubt, his personal story lends itself to the mystery. So captivating...I'll blog more later, but wow, wow and WOW.

*Kim Rowley, Author of Primal Whispers

2 comments:

  1. Terry, You should have started with Tattoo. They are somewhat in order. Hornet's Nest is definitely the last to be read as it definitely deals with the aftermath of Fire. They really should make that clear to readers. My cousin started with Hornet's Nest and hated it. Well that is only because she could not have known what the plot was about. It is OK to read Tattoo after Hornet's Nest but it really explains how they all got together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize that now, but I was hell-bent on reading ONE of them before it slipped my grasp again! But I'll definitely go back and read Tattoo before Hornet's Nest!

    ReplyDelete