Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Mail, Happy Customers

Internet commerce will teach you very quickly that fulfillment is the lifeblood of doing business. Rocky's Mountain Books can market and sell, but the actual shipping of books becomes the essential link between a successful sale and a satisfied customer. 

I've considered online mailing/postage options, but it seems I do everything on the internet any more, and I need a little of that human touch.  I found the answer in my lovely little Post Office in Evergreen. I realize that the difference is...people. The good, kind and customer-service oriented people at my Post Office. Yes, I said the Post Office. Postal workers. Happy postal workers. Smiling. Helpful. Indefatigable.

This speaks to me in a very clear and loud voice...Do Unto Others. They work hard...I work hard. They have long hours ...I have long hours. They do the best they can and so do I. There's a real, live collective conscience in this town. An energy that is the essence of good karma and a positive approach to life.

So, back at the Post Office, sometimes you wait. But you're not the only one and the interaction with others is the key for me.  I see people I know well...people I barely know, but recognize. We talk as we wait. Then there are the wonderful people behind the counter. The postal workers. I know them by name and always give them a smile and a big thank you, no matter how long I've waited, and that positive energy is always returned.

I get LOTS of positive feedback about the "Fast Shipping!", "Arrived before expected"! Good Postal Karma? Who knows. As far as I'm concerned what goes around comes around.

Keep on Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment