Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Rocky's Most Excellent Year!

It was my intention to do an end-of-year post about the ups and downs of my little business, Rocky's Mountain Books. Somehow the Universe decided to cut me some slack in one area of my life, as Rocky's just keeps growing. In the past month alone, Rocky's shipped 70 ORDERS! This was no easy task during the holidays, considering the dirty looks and groans of customers in line behind me at the Post Office as they watched me dump 20 large envelopes on the counter



But by some happy coincidence, Rocky's also hit a DOUBLE in the last week. Drum roll please....Rocky's Mountain Books (the online store), hit 700 SALES! As if this news were not enough to go dancing into the aisles of the blogosphere, Rocky's Mountain Books (the blog), hit 800 PAGE VIEWS! For a blog that published its first post a little over four months ago, that is just incredible!

And, not to be greedy, but in a perfectly symmetrical world I could report 90 positive, five-star feedbacks for Rocky's store, but the count's been sitting at 89 for two weeks. Honestly, can't people take one minute out of all their holiday revelry to leave me positive feedback?


Kate Winslet
Seriously, it did take a lot of hard work and determination on my part to get here. But, as I humbly accept these two honors there are some people I really need to thank. So in typical award show style, big shout-outs and hugs to: my daughter, Kate, who gave me the idea; my good friend, Linda Morris, who is one of the smartest women I know and who kicked my butt in the right direction on more than one occasion; all my Facebook Friends who put up with my harassment and still supported me; Corey Colombin, author and friend, for allowing me to 'use' her as my first Featured Author.

Finally, a big thank you to my husband, Marc, for putting up with a household overrun by books and shipping supplies for months and still asks, "But are you MAKING ANY MONEY?".... Still not sure what the exact answer is to that, dear, but in case you haven't noticed I sure am having fun!
 

2 comments:

  1. Well that is just spectacular. A congratulations is definitely in order as that is one impressive sales count. That you should toot your horn about.

    Your family should be very proud of that and I celebrate with you at this Year End celebration as it is every bit worth it.

    Rock on Rocky Mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kim! I look forward to 2011 and all good things!

    ReplyDelete