Friday, November 12, 2010

My "Perfect" Lemony World

"In a perfect world..." is an intriguing phrase. Collectively and individually, we are imperfect. To a degree, that's a good thing. Because (A) it gives us something for which to strive and (B) wouldn't this be a boring place if there were no greater level to achieve and no higher calling to beckon us?

Thankfully, there's much to aspire to and many opportunities for change and growth all along the rocky path of life. You may be wondering why Rocky is waxing so philosophical today; in a blog captioned, "It's All About the Books" one could reasonably conclude that there would be some bookish connection here. Not exactly.

Rocky's Mountain Books is still working hard, gathering new inventory and,selling books like mad. But I am  going through some difficult personal times. Usually, I write when I'm motivated to do so, and at this moment (and no doubt in future ramblings) the emotions and feelings exposed in the personal areas of my life are bound to bleed through.

But there are also wonderful things happening and much joy yet to be squeezed, squoze or squizzin out of my momentarily lemony life. I'm a bookseller. I love that part of my life and hope I can do it for a long time. But meanwhile, I'll be over here making lemonade...

No comments:

Post a Comment